Saturday, April 07, 2007

shoes and swaps

new shoes. again. but I needed them. all three pairs of black shoes. They're replacing very very old black shoes (3 pairs) that are broken and split on the bottom so every time it rains my feet get wet. really. and when hubby saw the old shoes ready for trashing, he couldn't see the problem with them. but he wouldn't because he still has pieces of rags he wears to bed and calls tshirts, and he can't bear to throw away holey, threadbare socks when I buy him new ones to replace them. His sock drawer is full when he tells me he doesn't have any socks to wear! Well, throw them out! Anywhoo, I digress.

shoes.

left: easy walking, can be dressed up or down. goes with just about everything.
middle: too cute to leave in the shop. flat and pretty with skirts.
right: smart and shiny and ready for work. or other occasions when pretty black shoes are required.

Next on the list would be swaps. I've sent off a couple of swaps lately, which have now arrived safely in their new homes...
First is the you're my cup of tea party and swap, sent to Mindy (also known as onewishworld). She took such a great photo of the stuff I sent her I'm going to borrow it! Hope you don't mind Mindy.

I was also part of the spring seasonal swap. My partner for this was Dawn (wolfmom2ac)- who was also one of the swap administrators (talk about pressure!) All the stuff safely arrived..

I love these little chicks! Just like the ones who star in Sloane Tanen's books.

Today I've just bundled up the next swap to be posted out. It's a Sweet Goodness spring swap with pink and green theme. Sending 6 items starting with the letters in S.P.R.I.N.G. Something had to be thrifted and something had to be handmade by me. So many challenges. I loved it! I can't show the contents yet, but here's everything wrapped. My partner is Peta in Perth, so I added something breakable (and therefore a little heavy). I REALLY hope it gets there in one piece because it's SO CUTE.

BTW Peta - Pretty in Pink is one of my favourite movies of all time. I was on the Amazon waiting list for years waiting for it to be released on DVD and have had the soundtrack on CD since FOREVER. Have you got it? DUCKY - oh what a cutie.

Last but by no means least, Jill from TX sent me a tea towel as part of the swap-bot tea towel swap I joined last yeah. It's so cute - I'm grateful she persisted and sent something through - for the second time! The first attempt didn't reach me! It looks very cute in my kitchen. Thanks again Jill!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Peta said...

Sal, I love the movie "Pretty In Pink" and have had it on VHS for years! I actually won tickets to see it from Dolly magazine when I was like, 12 when it first came out!
I actually love Andrew McCarthy and his crazy cat eyes. Loved him in "Kingdom Hospital".
I need to get a copy on DVD as it has the original ending where Duckie and Andie end up together!
My swap looks so exciting! I love the doiley you have wrapped it in!
Hope you don't mind if I use that pic on my blog? All credit to you of course!
Oh, and your husband sounds like mine - won't throw anything out. I just chuck his stuff out when he's at work lol!

12:52 am  
Blogger Shanathalas said...

The shoes on the right are gorgeous!!!

3:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I seriously have to know where you got the two pairs on the left (esp. those ladybugs!)
...absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

8:10 pm  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I can't wait to see what is in Peta's swap packages! So cute! I had the same idea to put letters on mine, too. :) I have one more thing to add and hopefully I'll be off to send mine in the next few days! :)

And I LOVE the middle shoes!

5:03 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the shoes in the middle! I MUST have them!! Do you mind sharing where you bought them?

12:40 pm  
Blogger flanthrower said...

Have to thank you the vintage buttons and trim you sent me a while back. One of the buttons was perfect on a softie I made the other day.

6:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home