Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Raspberry cheesecake brownies

Ooh lala!

before...

after....

The recipe is from my favourite magazine - delicious. The original recipe is right here.

I screwed it up of course - and put all the sugar in the brownie instead of saving the right amount for the cheesecake. I put less sugar in the cheesecake instead. In fact, it tasted good with less sugar, so next time I make it I'll use less sugar all round.

This is what I'll try:
# 200g best quality dark chocolate (I used black and green's organic 70% cocoa cooking chocolate)
# 200g unsalted butter
# 300g sugar (200g for brownie base, 100g for cheesecake)
# 5 eggs
# 110g plain flour, sifted
# 400g cream cheese
# 1 tsp vanilla extract
# 120g raspberries (I used frozen because fresh ones are too expensive here)

I'm going to try setting the oven at 160C. Grease and line a 20 x 30cm lamington pan.
# Place the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
# Cream the butter and 200g of the caster sugar until pale, then add 3 of the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the melted chocolate, then fold in the flour. Spread three-quarters of the mixture into the lined pan.
# In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese, remaining sugar and eggs and the vanilla extract until smooth, then spread over the chocolate base.
# Dollop the remaining chocolate mixture over the cream cheese layer and use a fork to swirl the chocolate. Poke the raspberries into the top and bake in the oven for about an hour or until it doesn't wobble when you jiggle it.
# Set aside to cool, then cut into squares and serve.

It was still good with too much sugar, but I'm sure it'll be heaps better next time...mmm.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gaaaawwwwwwwd. =P

10:05 pm  
Blogger jennpal said...

they look fantastic!!

7:02 am  
Blogger Jen said...

Mmm...looks delish!

4:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home