Monday, January 01, 2007

mail excitement

When we got back home from our family Christmas, there was a parcel waiting for me! You can imagine my excitement. It was almost better than the pressies under the tree (almost).
So, here's some promised photos of the gorgeous Japanese craft books that Ayumi sent to me. She does such a wonderful job choosing them. I admit the photos are crap, but you get the drift.
Book number 1!

I've added a couple of my favourite pages from inside. Anything to do with tea - making tea, keeping tea toasty, serving tea, afternoon tea treats to eat while drinking tea, I like. OK?


These pincushions are so excellent! If I hadn't already made something for the pincushion challenge this month, I'd make something like this. I might anyway..

Book number 2!

This kind of page is just fun to look at. I get 'stuff envy'.

This is the sweetest little bag! I'd love to think I have the sewing and Japanese reading skills left to make this winner. (All my unused Japanese is leaking out of my head faster than you can skull a Christmas flaming tequila). I have no idea where that analogy came from. I never remember the normal ones.

I just want to show off my new diary inserts too.Last years, I must unfortunately say, were a friggin disaster. Someone other than Ayumi was given the task to buy them. And that person's world of cute is um, somewhat different to mine. So close, and yet so far away. Back to safe ground again this year... phew.


Oh yeah - HAPPY NEW YEAR! YAY!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those books are amazing!! I love those pincushions too. I love Japanese craft books and I don't speak a word of Japanese - it's pretty much just eye candy for me, though I think I'll try this year and make a few of the projects (the ones that I can figure out from the pictures!). Thanks for sharing your new books and Happy New Year!

11:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this one looks good. try this site out if you haven't seen it before.

http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/indexohb.cgi?AREA=06

12:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home