Monday, December 18, 2006

scandalous!

Nothing of the sort, really. BIG IDEA - that's more like it. ooh ooh ooh, what is it? well...

My next big project might be quilting a 'new' tablecloth.

Seriously. Settle down. It's a great idea that is evolving. I've got a few vintage Aussie teatowels, and a couple of vintage tablecloths (including a ripper Goldcoast one) that are in various conditions. Some are so new the original label and starch remains, others are worn with holes and stains from years of use and tomato sauce spills. So I was thinking about creating a sort of geometric crazy quilt using all the best bits of the cloths I have.

It also gives me great purpose and validity in popping in to the op shops regularly on the way home from work. Lovely.

If you have any vintage Aussie teatowels lying around and you don't know what to do with them (especially holey ones that you can't bear to throw out), maybe I could interest you in a swap of some sort...I'm particularly interested in tea towels or tablecloths featuring towns and places. The smaller the town, the better!

Bring it on!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oOooOoh awesome! Sounds delicious! I wish I had some teatowels for you but I wish you luck finding some great ones...can't wait to see =)

7:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it sounds like its gonna look pretty!!!!! its hard to find that stuff here- or maybe i dont look for it! i see lotsa scarves with different towns on it though :)

best crafting wishes!

5:24 am  
Blogger Sally said...

Thanks guys. I know town teatowels are not easy to find. I will do my best!

8:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home