Friday, December 29, 2006

Cool Christmas

Although this may be very true every year for many people out there, cool weather on chrissy day here is a godsend! Last year it was disgusting. Christmas eve and new years day were over 40 degrees and stinkin' hot. We got an aircon installed late November, preparing for the scorching, and it's been in the low 20's all week. Beautiful! I'd love summer if that's what it was all about.

I got some amazing cool gifts this Christmas. I do every year, really (mostly). My family and friends know me pretty well. It's really lovely when people get something right like that. I don't know about other people, but when someone gets something wrong (and they've tried really hard to get it right), it makes me really angry. with myself. Abnormally angry. Because no matter how hard I try, I just can't like the thing that they've chosen, but haven't got right. But this year, they all got it right, so no valium required. I love it all. The cd, the books, the perfume, the voucher for my new Blender come food processor, the bag, and everything else as well!



Gram gave me this cool bag that she made. She hasn't been feeling well lately, but was still able to whip these up for everyone in time for Christmas. We don't know how she does it....This opens up really wide. It will be perfect for an overnight bag, or carrying around a WIP when I go away for a weekend, etc. Love it. More photos of Chrissy can be seen here.
v
I've also been enjoying visiting everyone's sites leading up to Christmas, and over the holidays. Seeing how much work crafty people put into creating a unique and special time for their family and friends is great. So too is seeing everyones pressies!

We came back from Newcastle last night, and I had 2 parcels waiting for me! YAY! One was an ebay purchase for dad's Christmas present - he has it now, belated. The other is the parcel from Japan. It's sooo fantastic. 2 new craft books and 2007 diary inserts from Ayumi-chan. Onya Ayumi. Everyone's comments regarding my little sooky winge were really lovely.I appreciate them all, and will defnitely keep you all posted as the other 'items in waiting' arrive. I'll also post some photos of Ayumi's books and inserts tomorrow. The light is already fading today.Not sure where that went actually. I'm still in my pj's. oops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home