Thursday, November 16, 2006

Last weekend in Victoria


We had a great weekend in Victoria. Hired a car and spent Friday night in Healesville in the Yarra Valley wine region. It's really beautiful. Very different to the Hunter Valley. We stayed in a gorgeous cottage called Studio Evolving. I got loads of photos, which are all on my flickr, but I'll stick a couple here too.

The place is owned and operated by a couple, John and Marigold who also teach yoga and Alexander Technique - including learning to ride horses using Alexander Technique. So, the house had a really lovely zen feel.

They also supplied one of the best selection of foods for the cook-your-own-breakfast, that I think I have ever seen (no meat). Almost entirely organic produce, a large basket full of eggs from their own hens, delicious leaf teas, gourmet biscuits, the list goes on. And the kitchen had everything you needed to cook whatever took your fancy, if you'd been out and about and bought stacks of local produce during the day.


There horses were beautiful too. Especially young Heidi who walked straight over to us when we were out strolling in their grounds.

By the way, the beautiful flowers arranged throughout the house were from Marigold's garden.

We went down into Melbourne for the rest of the weekend. Staying with my sister Lauren. She wanted a mention here, even though we have proven she doesn't bother to read her big sister's blog! Lauren gave me a couple of CD's to listen to. I haven't stopped listening to Serge Gainsbourg yet. Especially today as I sit at home with a terrible cold that I'm pretty sure we got from the Hickey's...it was worth holding bubs though.

Finally - saved especially til last. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm reading!!

Glad to hear you liked that cd so much...this has opened up a can of worms for some mix tapes for ya sal - got tonnes of stuff you'll love!

2:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time...very relaxing!

Glad to see the above comment!

My little sister doesn't read her big sister's blog either.
:)

7:18 pm  
Blogger Sally said...

sisters huh! they come in useful sometimes....

12:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI SALLY, SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME IN VICTORIA, I WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW I GOT YOUR PACKAGE LAST WEEK ON THE 21ST AND REALLY ENJOYED EVERYTHING YOU SENT. IT CAME ON A REALLY GOOD DAY!! LOVE THE DOUBLE SIDED PINCUSHION AND PINS. I'LL BE USING THE TRIM FOR SOME CHRISTMAS ITEMS. I'LL BE SURE TO POST PICTURES. TAKE CARE AND THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

3:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home