Tuesday, October 17, 2006

3 firsts

What a fabulous week we've just had. We travelled to the Whitsunday's (Great Barrier Reef) for the first time last week. Hubby's work hosted a 'conference' up there with partners and families invited along all expenses paid. Nice work! Thanks MF! We stayed on Daydream Island. Full of kids - so not that much daydreaming peace going around, but incredibly beautiful and relaxing.



One day was spent on a catamaran travelling around the islands, with a stop at Whitehaven Beach, which they said was voted in the top 10 beaches around the world. We ended the day at Lover's Cove on Daydream watching the sunset with some of the other couples, sipping champagne.... arrrhhhh lovely.

(see the coral we're sitting on?)
Being such a tropical spot, with beautiful beaches for sunbaking and lots of swimming pools, etc. I wasn't sure if everyone else on the trip was going to want to lie around in the sun all day, so I took some sewing to do just in case....turns out I only had a short time to really do anything. I embroidered my first tshirt (first number two) and used a freebie pattern of a kitty (first number 3). I wore the tshirt straight away of course. Hubby thought it was cute (and I funny - what's new) . I was really pleased with it.



This is a photo of the ribbons I posted off last week before the holiday. I hope the recipients like them. I received my 2 packages yesterday and today, but I haven't got a photo of them. Lots of new bits or ribbon to add to my ever growing collection. Surprise, surprise - hubby thinks I'm funny doing swaps for things like ribbon and getting little packages from all over the world (USA and Norway this time).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had time to relax and complete such great kitty embroidery...really cute!
btw - thanks for the lovely comments about my dragonflys too. xox

11:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Your sewing cat is so cute! I made a Sew Kitty tee, too - it was one of my first projects! :)

12:51 am  
Blogger Sally said...

Being back at work is such a drag after last week...oh well.

10:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home