Saturday, September 16, 2006

Happy hook holder

A while back while browsing around, I came across this photo from a Japanese craft book showing a untensil holder made from linen.




It was just the sort of thing I was wanting to make to keep all my crochet hooks organised and in one place. Up til now, they were just loose in the bottom of about 3 different bags or with whatever I was making with them at the time. I never knew what I actually had. I'd go to spotlight and get all excited about seeing hooks there and buy the ones I thought I didn't have. Well, now that I'm so well organised I can see how many bloody size 3 hooks I bought. Most still in the packet. I don't think I've ever even used one of them! Typical. Anyway, they can be given away to people who want to learn how to crochet, etc.

So, here is the hook pouch/holder whatever you want to call it, that I made. I didn't have a sewing machine when I made it, so it's all hand sewn. I could've made something a bit more like the one in the picture with a machine, but I like the roughness of this anyway.




I've since bought the book (ala the photos above). I don't have any other photos from it to post today, but I will another time. It's got some beautiful ideas in it. Here's a photo of the cover if you're interested. I can't remember where I saw it online unfortunately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home