Saturday, June 10, 2006

Cupcakes

I'm starting to make a name for myself in my social circle as the cupcake girl. I have been the giant chocolate cake girl for a while, and also the chocolate malt brownie girl. Now I'm into cupcakes. It's quite an established repertiore really. Friends have quite a selection to choose from when asking me to bake something for a party...I've already chosen what I'm going to make next..black bottom cupcakes. They combine 3 or my favourite things. Chocolate cake, cupcake and cheesecake. Perfect! I found a recipe online yesterday. I just don't know when I'll get a chance to make them. I'll be at M&D's this weekend. Maybe I can cook them there....

Here's a photo of some cupcakes I made for K's babyshower.





Cupcake Recipe (Butter Cake)


125g butter

1 tsp vanilla essence

3/4 cup castor sugar (fine sugar)

2 eggs

1 1/2 cup self raising flour

1/2 cup milk

Cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time. stir in half the sifted flour and milk, then fold the rest through. 180 degrees pre-heated oven. Increase to 190 if you want your cakes to be 'peaked'. Bake for 15 minutes or so. I usually make 12 muffin size cakes from this.

Icing: I use 60g cream cheese, 30g butter and a cup of icing sugar. Mix together and add a couple of drops of food colouring if you like.

2 Comments:

Blogger Groseys messages said...

Hey. Sally.. I like the title of your blog.. from lano and Woodley I believe... :)

9:38 am  
Blogger Sally said...

Is it? I love Lano and Woodley. That's great.

11:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home