Saturday, June 17, 2006

Crochet Reversible Rug

I have finally finished my reversible rug! It was basically completed last winter, except for all the fiddly ends, which I found the patience to tuck in over the last few days. It looks great (if I do say so myself). I'm really pleased with it and love the tones of the red and orange.

It's a very heavy rug, with about 1.2kg of wool in it. It was not supposed to be so heavy, but I'm a tight crocheter and probably should have used a size 5 or 6 hook, rather than the recommended size 4.



As you can see from the photos, the rug look red on one side and orange on the other - thus 'reversible'. My gram made one in black and white, which shows off the effect much more clearly, but I like the subtley of the colours I used.



This is a close up of the red side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home